a Simply Elegant New Hampshire Wedding

On Labor Day weekend Michelle and I flew out to Manchester, New Hampshire for Amy & Nate's beautiful wedding. We sure did had a great time! Amy and I went to Hollins University together and I really enjoyed spending this special day with her!

Make sure to check it out on Style Me Pretty!




“In planning and designing my wedding, I stalked Martha Stewart Wedding (I love Martha!), Vera Wang's blog, and wedding blogs! Regarding look and feel, I am very feminine and I like pretty things, Nate is very functional and minimalist. I wanted formal, he wanted casual. In an effort to marry our tastes as well as ourselves, I kept channeling "simple elegance". Nothing over the top or ornate, just simply elegant. A garden theme evolved through the process as well since the ceremony was going to be next to a garden, the reception was in the garden room, the flowers were garden roses, and the favors were honey. We stuck to basic ideas with lovely details. My biggest inspiration, however, was my dress, which was what ultimately set off the simple elegance train of thought. Groom aside, it was my favorite wedding detail. If I were to be a dress- that is what I would look like. “



“I chose to wear ballet flats rather than heels on my wedding day. My first thought was a pair of lovely heels. However, upon further consideration I knew I was going to want to switch to flats part way through the reception, and then I would be tripping over my dress! Not to mention, I wasn't convinced I would be able to walk in heels on the grass, you never know how wet the ground will be etc. So on to plan B. I have always loved ballet, despite my complete lack of talent! Plus I love pink. I thought It would be pretty to have the little bits of pink peeking out, not to mention they were comfortable! I was able to dance all night.“































“My favorite part of the wedding day was when the groom and groomsmen gave an impromptu performance! They are all talented musicians.”







If you've never been to New Hampshire...you've got to check it out! It is so picturesque! Michelle and I enjoyed taking some time off to relax in a new environment. As much as we are in love with DC, it's always nice to get away for a few days! Though we didn't meet our ultimate goal of seeing a real live moose during our visit, we saw the "moose crossing" signs which was very exciting!

Here is their wedding slideshow.

Here are a fabulous vendors that made this wedding happen:
Venue: Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, Whitefield, New Hampshire
Photographer: Sweet Tea Photography - Lisa Marie & Michelle
Wedding Gown: Amsale
Bridesmaids Gowns: JCrew
Grooms Suit: Studio Suits
Groomsmens Suits: Studio Suits
Caterer: Mountain View Grand Resort and Spa, Whitefield, NH
Flourist: Blooming Vineyards
Cake: White Mountain Cupcakery
Invitations: AB Paperie

No comments:

Post a Comment